At The Murray Group, we know insurance can be confusing. That is why we took the time to answer the 100 most frequently asked insurance questions and post them here on the Albany Insurance Blog.
The 100 most frequently asked insurance questions is a resource we’re very proud of, and I hope you will take advantage of the information where you have a need.
In an effort to provide insurance consumers (you!) with the best possible online insurance resource, The Murray Group has answered the 100 Frequently Asked Insurance Questions using video in 2 minutes or less.
That means you’ll have the answer to your insurance questions in less than 2 minutes!
It’s our hope that you will find very useful answers to some common insurance questions while getting to know us a little better at the same time.
If you would like to discuss your insurance questions with us directly, please feel free to give us a call at (518) 456-6688 or you contact us via email here.
100 Frequently Asked Insurance Questions
- Should my small business have business income insurance?
- Does my business need employment practices liability?
- What are the exclusions on a general liability policy?
- What is hired and non owned auto liability insurance?
- What is the difference between general liability and professional liability?
- How does my loss ratio affect business insurance premiums?
- What is New York state short term disability insurance?
- How is a business owners policy (BOP) different from general liability?
- What is covered on a commercial general liability insurance policy?
- What is covered under a fiduciary liability insurance policy?
- What is the Best Restaurant Insurance Program?
- Why does it take longer to get a business insurance quote than an auto insurance quote?
- What is uninsured motorist coverage?
- What is the difference between comp and collision coverage?
- How does full glass coverage work?
- What is med pay coverage on a car insurance policy?
- What is covered by comprehensive physical damage on car insurance?
- Do I need more than the state minimum coverage?
- If my car brakes down, will my auto insurance carrier cover rental car?
- What is household rating and how does it effect my car insurance premiums?
- If my garage burns down, will my homeowners insurance cover my car?
- Does My Auto Insurance Cover a Hit-and-Run Accident?
- Does my car insurance cover me when I rent a car?
- Are no fault and personal injury protection the same coverage?
- What is other than collision coverage?
- When do I file an auto insurance claim?
- What’s the difference between Bodily Injury coverage and Med Pay?
- Does my car insurance cover bodily injury and property damage?
- Does my auto insurance pay if someone else is driving my car?
- Can I cancel my auto insurance policy anytime?
- What happens to my comp and collision premium as my car loses value?
- What is physical damage coverage on a car insurance policy?
- What is water back up and sump pump failure insurance?
- What is renter insurance?
- What is personal property insurance on a homeowner insurance policy?
- What makes landlord insurance different from homeowners insurance?
- Can my homeowners insurance carrier cancel my insurance after three claims?
- How does actual cash value (ACV) affect a homeowners insurance claim?
- Is Hail Damage Covered on My Homeowners Insurance Policy?
- What is coinsurance and how does it affect my building insurance?
- What insurance covers my jewelry for theft?
- How much homeowner insurance should I have?
- How does escrow work with my homeowners insurance payments?
- Do I need boat insurance or is my boat covered by home insurance?
- Does Homeowners Insurance Cover a Nuclear Explosion?
- What is NOT Covered on my Homeowner Insurance Policy?
- How is condo insurance different from homeowner insurance?
- Is debris removal covered on homeowner insurance policy?
- When does my business need employee benefit liability?
Personal Umbrella Insurance
- How does an umbrella insurance policy work?
- What does a personal umbrella policy cover?
- What is an umbrella policy and why would I need one?
- What is personal liability insurance?
- When should I purchase a personal umbrella policy?
Workers Compensation Insurance
- How are workers compensation premiums calculated?
- Can an employee sue my business if I have workers comp?
- How does pay-as-you-go workers comp help my business?
- When do I need workers comp for my employees in New York state?
- Do I need to cover independent contractors for workers comp?
- What is employers liability on a workers compensation policy?
Life Insurance, Long-term Disability and Long-term Care
- What is universal life insurance?
- How much life insurance should I buy?
- What is the difference between universal and whole life insurance?
- Why is there life insurance for children?
- Is my employer sponsored life insurance plan enough?
- Does long-term care insurance cover nursing home cost?
- Do I need long term disability income insurance?
- Who do I buy key person life insurance for?
- What is the difference between whole life and term life insurance?
- Are You Safe with Your Employer’s Group Life Insurance?
- Do I need long-term care insurance?
- Why is buy-sell agreement life insurance important?
- What’s the difference between group life and individual life insurance?
- Do I need flood insurance?
- How does my flood zone effect flood insurance premium?
- Is flood covered under homeowners insurance?
- What is coinsurance and how does it affect my health insurance?
- How do I set up a health savings account?
- What is a high deductible health insurance policy?
- What is considered a pre-existing condition on health insurance policy?
- How do I offer my employees health insurance?
- What is the cost of offering a group benefit program?
General Insurance Questions and Terms
- Should I package my home and auto insurance with the same insurance carrier?
- What is replacement cost?
- What is actual cash value?
- What is the importance of being the first named insured on an insurance policy?
- When do I need an additional interest on my insurance policy?
- How does my credit score effect my insurance premium?
- How can the ISO rating on my building affect the insurance premiums?
- What is a waiver of subrogation?
- Should I have replacement cost or actual cash value property insurance?
- What is an Independent Insurance Agent?
- Does my credit rating influence my car insurance premiums?
- Why does the insurance company audit my business every year?
- Will I have to pay more for insurance because I’m young?
- Does changing my insurance company affect my credit score?
- Does how I pay for my insurance affect my premiums?
- How do I insure a vacant building?
- What is an additional insured and when do I add additional insured to my policy?
- How are insurance claims handled on a partial loss?
Still can’t find the answer to your insurance questions?
We’re here to help. Click here to submit your question, and we’ll get you the answer ASAP!
There is no such thing as too simple or too silly a question. Trust me. If you’re looking for the answer to whatever your insurance question is, I promise you there are others as well who are asking the same question.
Thank you and good luck,
Ryan Hanley, CIC
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested or proffered and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon such information.
image credit: http://society6.com/PatrickDOttinger/Question-XlJ_Print