Disclaimer: this article in no way takes a political stance on the Affordable Care Act, also known as Obamacare. The resources chosen were done so to give as much as possible, a balanced and unbiased look at the impact of Obamacare on New York residents.
Obamacare went into effect today, Tuesday October 1st, 2013 and like most health insurance consumers throughout the country, you most likely have questions. You are not alone. The vast majority of Americans are scrambling today to find answers to their many questions.
Here at The Murray Group we’re doing our best to get our hands around the impact Obamacare will have on our clients and fellow New York residents.
Because of the breadth and depth of Obamacare legislation, it would be near impossible to outline every facet of the bill in one article. Below are a collection of 11 articles from a wide range of viewpoints that collectively will give you a good indication of the impact Obamacare will have on New York residents.
In no particular order:
- An Open Letter to Health Insurance Agents on the Eve of Obamacare (Let’s Prove Them Wrong) – The impact of Obamacare from the perspective of a health insurance agent.
- Three Obamacare “Facts” No One’s Talking About – Addresses three issues with Obamacare that consumers might not be aware of.
- ObamaCare Facts: Facts on the Obama Health Care Plan – This site provides a proponents view on Obamacare and it’s impact on the US.
- HealthCare.gov – The Federal Governments not-for-profit site providing information on health insurance marketplaces.
- Huffington Post Obamacare – Ongoing collection of all the articles written for the Huffington Post on the topic of Obamacare.
- The Heritage Foundation Obamacare – This is an opponents view on Obamacare and it’s impact on the US.
- A New Yorker’s Guide to Signing Up for Obamacare – The New Yorker magazine put together this guide on signing up for Obamacare as it relates to New York residents.
- The Good, Bad, And Ugly Of Obamacare’s Online Price Comparison Site – Techcrunch takes a look at the technology Obamacare is using to provide online price comparisons for health insurance polices.
- How Obamacare Could Help You Retire Earlier (Or Kill Itself Trying) – Here is an investors look at Obamacare from the Motley Fool.
- Google+Hangout: ObamaCare and exchanges – Here is a recorded Google Plus Hangout done by the USA Today on all things Obamacare.
- Experts fear ObamaCare rate ‘spiral’ – Thoughts from the NY Post on what will happen to Obamacare rates in the years to come.
It would be our recommendation that you do not use any single resource as the definitive opinion on Obamacare’s impact to New York health insurance consumers. Regardless of your political affiliation, the gridlock in our Federal government should serve as a good indication that no one truly understands what is going to happen as a result of the Affordable Care Act.
Our advice is to take each resource for what is, try to keep an open mind no matter what you currently think, for or against, and continue to follow along with the latest news.
Obamacare is going to impact us all.
How? It’s currently hard to say.
But what we can say for sure, is moving forward, those best prepared for Obamacare will be the most informed. We’ll continue to do our best to provide New York health insurance consumers with the most up-to-date information as we can.
If you have additional questions about Obamacare or if you’d like to receive a proposal for your upcoming health insurance and health marketplace options, please give us a call at 518-777-7777 or you click here to start by email.
Thank you and Good luck,
Ryan Hanley, CIC