You’ve been waiting to ride your bike, and for good reason. Riding a motorcycle can be fun for many people. For others, the dangers to motorcyclists outweigh any fun that can be had.
In fact, motorcyclists are 30 times more likely to die in a crash than people in a car, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (as reported by Consumer Reports). So not only is NY motorcycle insurance very important, but so is general safety.
We are providing you with 5 dangers to motorcyclists to be aware of this season.
Make sure you’re keeping your eyes on the road for these:
- Oncoming traffic – Distracted driving is at an all time high. You never know what other drivers are thinking. Drive your motorcycle defensively.
- Gravel on the road – Gravel can kill your grip, causing your bike to behave unpredictably and easily causing a wreck.
- Car doors – This is particularly an unexpected issue for drivers in cities. Be aware that passengers and drivers may open their doors if you’re driving close.
- Bad weather – Weather can change quickly from sunny to soaking wet. Bring proper gear and always check the weather before you head out on your bike.
- Panic stops – Grabbing the brake too hard can lock up your front wheel and throw you off the bike. Always keep your eyes ahead and avoid the potential of slamming on the break. Also, buying a bike with anti-lock breaks can help.
As part of LiveSECURE 365™, The Murray Group is committed to bringing security to our partners lives. We endeavor to provide you with valuable tips and advice that you can apply in your daily life. Visit our website to watch all videos in the LiveSECURE video series.
If you have questions regarding homeowners insurance, auto insurance,business insurance, or would like to receive an insurance proposal, please contact us:
Contact Murray Group Insurance Expert
Our phone number is (518) 456-6688 if you prefer to call a member of our risk advisory team. You can also connect with The Murray Group further on The Murray Group Facebook Page.
If you are not quite ready to contact us about your insurance but enjoyed and/or found the information in this post useful, we would very much appreciate you posting a review on Google, Yelp or Facebook.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested or proffered and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon such information.
Photo credit: http://longislandabate.com/category/motorcycle-awareness/