Summer is the perfect time to travel to the beach, the lake, the mountains – just about anywhere! We want to make sure that you maximize your pleasure and reduce your risk. That is why we are offering our 6 tips to travel safe this summer.
Have you ever forgotten your wallet at home? With no access to your license or passport? Or how about had a precious piece of jewelry stolen from your hotel room? These things can just ruin a vacation! Travelers Insurance and The Murray Group does not want that to happen to you. We know how precious that family and personal time is.
Here are your six tips to travel safe this summer:
- Make Copies of Your ID and Passport: Make two photocopies of your license or passport in case either is lost or stolen. Bring one copy and store it separately from your original, and leave another with a friend or relative. The U.S. Government also offers the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program, a free service for U.S. citizens and nationals traveling abroad. The program permits enrollment with the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate, which can assist during an emergency such as a lost or stolen passport.
- Streamline Your Wallet & Your Jewelry: Lost wallets are the leading cause of identity theft. Only carry the card(s) and jewelry you plan to use on your trip, and leave your checkbook, duplicate cards and valuable jewelry at home. If you decide to bring more than one credit card, consider stashing the extra, along with account information and customer service numbers for the cards you have with you, in a hotel safe or other secure location.
- Check Out Guides: Before you book that zip-lining, parasailing or river rafting trip, check online for any customer reviews. Seeing what others have to say about the company and the excursion can help you choose a safe and well-run adventure.
- Travel like a Local: When visiting any location, know your surroundings and plan your route in advance. Be aware of how the locals talk and dress, and consider whether certain actions will make you stand out as a tourist.
- Check the Weather: Into every life—and vacation—a little rain must fall, so take steps to protect yourself from lightning, hail, thunderstorms and severe weather by monitoring the local weather and packing the appropriate gear. Also, keep tabs on the weather at home to make sure your property is protected.
- Avoid Oversharing Online: Posting photos or checking in on social media sites advertises your absence from home. Real-time updates can be tempting, but wait until you return safely home before sharing your adventures.
To read the full blog from Travelers, click here.
The Murray Group is committed to bringing security to our partners lives.
We provide you with valuable tips and advice that you can apply in your daily life. Visit our blog for tons of information on all kinds of insurance.
If you would like to receive a proposal for homeowners insurance, auto insurance, or business insurance, please contact us:
Contact Murray Group Insurance Expert
Our phone number is (518) 456-6688 to speak with a team member. Also, you can connect with The Murray Group further on The Murray Group Facebook Page.
We would very much appreciate you posting a review on Google, Yelp or Facebook if you found this post to be helpful.
Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested. The author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon such information.