Skip to main content

How do I insure a vacant building?

Vacant homes can be tricky to place insurance on. This is because most of the well-known standard insurance carriers do not want to write insurance for vacant homes.

Statistically speaking vacant homes are much more likely to have a loss than an occupied home.

You want to make sure that you disclose that the building is going to be vacant, what the procedures are for securing the building and how long you plan for the building to be vacant.

Then do business with an insurance carrier that specializes in vacant homes.

Watch this video “How do I insure a vacant building?” for more details:

Welcome to The Murray Group Solution Center

This is video #32 of a one hundred insurance video series that The Murray Group is producing to provide insurance consumers with quick, valuable answers to their everyday insurance questions.

If you have additional questions regarding vacant building insurance or if you would like to discuss and receive a quote for a vacant building insurance policy use the link below:

Contact Murray Group Insurance Expert

If you prefer to call our office number is – (518) 456-6688

You can also connect with The Murray Group further on The Murray Group Facebook Page.

If you are not quite ready to contact us about your insurance but enjoyed and/or found the information in this post useful we would very much appreciate you posting a review on GoogleYelp or Facebook.

Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested or proffered and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon such information.

created by Ryan Hanley