Skip to main content

What is personal property insurance on a homeowner insurance policy?

Personal property insurance coverage is most often listed on the homeowners insurance policy as “Coverage C”. Personal property coverage is a separate limit of insurance from the building coverage on the home itself.

Personal property includes all your “stuff” including tables, chairs, clothes, dishes, electronics, jewelry, art work, etc. However, it is important to understand that certain types of personal property like electronics, jewelry, and art work have special sub-limits that limit coverage.

It is important to be aware of these sub-limits and make sure that each meets your unique need.

Watch this video “What is personal property insurance on a homeowner insurance policy?” for more details:

Welcome to The Murray Group Solution Center

This is video #16 of a one hundred insurance video series that The Murray Group is producing to provide insurance consumers with quick, valuable answers to their everyday insurance questions.

If you have additional questions regarding personal property coverage or sub-limits or if you would like to discuss and receive a quote for a homeowners insurance policy use the link below:

Contact Murray Group Insurance Expert

If you prefer to call our office number is – (518) 456-6688

You can also connect with The Murray Group further on The Murray Group Facebook Page.

If you are not quite ready to contact us about your insurance but enjoyed and/or found the information in this post useful we would very much appreciate you posting a review on GoogleYelp or Facebook.

Disclaimer: This article is for informational purposely only. There is no legal advice being suggested or proffered and the author assumes no responsibility or liability for the actions taken or not taken by the readers based upon such information.

created by Ryan Hanley